Monday, November 7, 2011

Remainders: Other Random Halloween Crafts

This post is pretty much just a place for me to store the other crafts I did around Halloween this year so I remember them next year!



Decoupaged Pumpkin
My husband mentioned that he had seen decoupaged pumpkins on the cover of a magazine and asked me if I thought I could do that.

Challenge accepted.

I printed up a desktop wallpaper pattern that I found for free online, cut it up into 1 - 2" stripes, pulled out the mod podge and started gluing.


And it worked. There it was. Decoupaged pumpkin. I painted the stem white to make it coordinate better with it's paper coat. I was satisfied that I could go it, but I don't see us making this a new Halloween tradition. I mean, it's kind of silly. And not very "Halloween-y". And not as satisfying as pulling slimy seeds out of a pumpkin.

Mini Witches
H and I ran into a friend of hers earlier in the month who was holding a stuffed witch - thus began a never-ending chorus of "I want a witch!". It seemed like a pretty reasonable request, so whenever we were out running errands we would look for one. However, finding a witch that was not too scary, not breakable, and a manageable size proved to be a very difficult task.

Finally I suggested: "how about we make one?" I already had in the back of my head that the pipe cleaner fairies would make great Christmas angels, so I figured why not a witch? I gave her green hair and cut out a black dress and hat from felt, which Hannah decorated with orange glitter glue.



My MIL was a fan and asked me to make a bunch of them for a Halloween party she was having. I wound up making 8 of them, all with different color hair and "tights". I also wound up making her a couple of "wine bottle tags" that I pretty much just made because I had ribbon that I thought would make a great pair of witches legs:



No comments:

Post a Comment